All existing cemetery rules and regulations, when applicable, also apply to the Mausoleum. The Mausoleum is and will be a lasting memorial to deceased family members who are entombed within its walls. The dignity of this memorial must be maintained at the highest standards possible. Therefore, the following set of rules has been established for reasons of neatness, uniformity, maintenance and also to prevent damage to the building itself. These rules will be strictly enforced by cemetery management. In order to maintain the beauty and the dignity of the Oak Lawn Community Mausoleum, the following rules have been established.
1. Entombment in, or inscription on, any crypt or niche can be scheduled only after the purchase price has been paid in full.
2. Cemetery personnel will make all entombments, enurnments, and removals.
3. All inscriptions on any crypt or niche, and on the nameplates for glass-front niches, will be of a standard form, size, color, and style of lettering prescribed by the cemetery, and will be done only by authorized cemetery personnel. Inscription charges shall be paid in full before the inscriptions are engraved. Inscriptions will be limited to first name, middle name/initial, last name, year of birth and year of death, provided there is room on the crypt/niche front.
4. A small religious insignia will be permitted, as well as acknowledgement of military service, if any.
5. A single floral arrangement, to be placed on the day of entombment or enurnment, will be permitted in the area adjacent to the entombment or enurnment. It will be removed after one additional day.
6. Nothing, including but not limited to flowers and pictures, shall be taped or otherwise affixed to the crypt and/or niche fronts.
7. A cemetery-approved silk flower decoration program is available. Please call the office (203-307-5854), or visit our web site at www.oaklawnct.com for details. These decorationsare are the only ones permitted in the mausoleum. All other decorations will be removed.
8. Any crypt entombment will require the use of a crypt liner to be paid for by the crypt owner. The price of the crypt liner is included in the entombment charges.
9. Metal caskets are strongly endorsed for all entombments.
10. Any niche enurnment will require the use of a metal container paid for by the niche owner. The price of the container is included in the enurnment charges.
11. Urns for inurnment in glass-front niches shall be selected from designs approved by the cemetery. No objects other than the urn will be permitted in these niches.
12. It is strongly encouraged that all bodies be embalmed prior to entombment in the mausoleum.